Sunday, February 13, 2011

Welcome Back, Exercise....and You Too, Post-Exercise Appetite

Yeah, so that dinner last night crushed me. Thankfully, I was able to get out on the bicycle with Pops today. We rode almost 24 miles at a very modest pace. Eventually, after a couple weeks of consistent training, cycling is a truly enjoyable source of exercise. However, the first few rides out are downright painful, unending, and really no fun at all. Four hours later I feel as though a bus ran me over. I get light-headed every time I stand up. At least I sleep well tonight.

The downside of this extreme form of exercise is the voracious, unyielding appetite that follows. I went on an eating tear that lasted three hours. It's not like I binged during dinner. I just ate three different dinners, each separated by an hour or two. This sort of thing can't go on.

Okay, so my body is healed, and I have grandiose plans for exercising this week. Here's the plan:

Tuesday: biceps, triceps, 30 minutes on the elliptical

Thursday: chest, back, shoulders, 30 minutes on the elliptical

Saturday: 3-4 hour hike of White Oak Canyon

Sunday: if I manage to get on the bike after the hike, that's a bonus. I'm not committing to this.

You folks keep me to this. The first person to comment on this blog entry gets to choose the outfit I wear for my next picture (within the bounds of good taste).

Food Log:

Lunch:
1c chili - 5
turkey, cheese muffin - 6
2 cookies - 6

Snacks (throughout the day):
bourbon - 12

Dinner 1:
cheeseburger - 13
2 servings sweet tater fries - 10

Dinner 2:
Crackerful - 4
2 cookies - 6

Dinner 3:
bowl cereal w/ a side of milk - 7

69/49

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure Craig has a nice Cavs tee shirt he'll lend you. That or a nice Ed Hardy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who has a green man suit for matt? It's not only tasteful but form fitting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, nix the Tuesday workout. I've got a cornhole match. Gonna have to move it to Wed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @stevo. Got an xl UVA shirt that I can regift to Matty.

    Oh, and "Tuesdays arms and back."

    ReplyDelete