Wednesday, February 23, 2011

RAGE!!!

Yesterday I ate modestly, consumed an early dinner, and snacked on carrots when my hunger grew out of control around 8pm. I knew I was poised to lose a sizable chunk. I was predicting the 211s. Plus, there were other "indications" that I'd lose weight. I was just plain confident.

This morning was more painful than normal. Had to get up a bit early to make it to work for an early meeting, haven't been sleeping well because of allergies, and had to deal with an irrational weigh-in. Plus .6lbs? Really? I must have reweighed a half dozen time, repeating my morning ablutions. Hilariously, my weight increased to 214.2 after my second round. What the frak? This makes no sense. The only thing I can think is that I loaded up on motrin last night to treat my ailing back. Did I retain a couple liters of water? Bah!!!

This morning just sucked. I was feeling stressed about this thing last night but knew I had done everything right. I was going to lose a big chunk of weight. ROAR!!! 

Anyway, I must keep chopping wood. Sarah Allen-Short wrote me a long instruction manual detailing how to shock my metabolism back into losing weight. Thanks, Sarah. I will do my best to shed the habits I've fallen into and try some other methods. Perhaps that's the problem. Bring on protein-rich, natural foods and gallons of water!

Hit the gym tonight with renewed vigor. 30 obsessed minutes on the elliptical and a good bicep and triceps workout. It's amazing how much muscle mass you lose after missing three weeks in the gym. My arms look like noodles.

Food Log:

Breakfast:
turkey sausage, egg, and cheese muffin - 6

Lunch:
chix caesar salad wrap - 15
french fries - 11

Dinner:
mushroom ravioli - 11
chix portion - 3
1/2c strawberry milk - 3

49/49

2 comments:

  1. By the look in your photos, it is all muscle mass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Motrin definitely causes water retention. Advil does the same thing. Just drink a ton of water today and you'll get back on track. But then again, I really want to see you in the UVA shirt and dicktowel

    ReplyDelete