Thursday, February 10, 2011

Matt Zuckerohrer, A Sellout

Blogspot has some interesting features that allow you to plot page visits over the past day, week, month. I was somewhat proud to see I've had over 600 site visits since its inception. My visitation has grown over the past month and even week, and it's not surprising considering I've started throwing around shout-outs. Another cool feature Blogspot provides is monetization using Google's Adsense. Screw the diet, and screw your unimpeded reading experience. I'm making a cash grab! You'll soon see my paltry blog peppered with ads, that ironically, will probably focus on food, grocery stores, and restaurants (considering my regular topics).

Now, truly coincidentally, I just watched Social Network tonight. I must say it will be a bit disappointing if I don't walk away from this diet and blog with an office in Palo Alto and a few hundred mil. That being said, if any money is made at all, it should go towards funding my whole-hog roast with Bottoms Up! appetizers. Unfortunately, after studying some of the Adsense business models, I discovered that 30+ days into my blog, I would have netted roughly $1.50. Unless my readership increases by several orders of magnitude, I assure you the ads won't be around for long.

It's nice to see the comments roll in, and I thank you guys for sticking with this blog. Updating it on a daily basis tends to dilute the quality. I find myself with maybe one interesting story a week, but I've committed to typing out something each day. I'm sure it makes for boring reading, so I'll try to up my game.

Food Log:

Breakfast:
turkey sausage, egg, and cheese muffin - 6

Lunch:
chili - 5
Crackerful - 4
snack bar - 3

Snack:
pistachios - 5
apple

Dinner:
luscious hamburger on wheat bun - 11
sweet tater fries - 10
snack bar - 3
bourbon - 6

54/49

7 comments:

  1. Hmm. $1.50 isn't enough to buy that jetpack, Zuckerohrer...

    Oh, and what's an ad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. how about some food reviews to go along w/ your log? maybe let's hear your top 5 Lean Cuisines, I'm sure they're all quite...something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we are the internets. we hunger for content. quality optional

    nom nom nom

    again went without a donut in the gro sto today. sushi instead. actually tasted much better than a donut despite disappointing my inner Homer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you want unsolicited dieting advice? That's always fun to get from other people, right?
    My dieting update is that I am fucking sick of chicken and spinach.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ad showing for me right now is coupons for Arby's, Qdoba, and Boston Market. Damn you, Rohrer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, Groupon and some ad about planning a pregnancy for me. Sorry, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The ads for me are all about promoting my blog. Basically Google ads is reminding me that of all my many blogs none are as popular as this blog about a random guy losing 30 pounds by exercising and eating less food.

    I will now punch myself in the face.

    ReplyDelete