Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Top 5! Breakfast Foods

Well, I better get that UVa t-shirt from Craig. Feeling run down tonight, and I skipped my workout. I still have time to fit them all in, but it'll be tight. Looks like we have some interesting ideas for next week.

Today's post will rate the various breakfast foods I've consumed with some regularity these last two months. Let me know if you have some other treasures I should try.

1. Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Croissant
D-Lights Turkey Sausage Croissant
This right here is magic. 2 minutes in the microwave, and you've got a flakey, tender sandwich. While the muffin version gets almost soggy, the croissant stays dry and is a bit more flavorful. Perfect sandwich for the drive to work. At 8 points, it's more expensive than the options listed below.

2. Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage, Egg, and Cheese English Muffin
D-Lights Turkey Sausage Muffin
This is a more tender version of the previous sandwich, but after being micowaved, the muffin gets too soft, almost soggy. Toss a couple drops of Texas Pete on this baby, and you've got a serviceable breakfast sandwich. Sausage and cheese on a diet is just great. 6 points.

3. South Beach Cinnamon Raison Breakfast Bar + Peach Yogurt

Take the bar, crumble it within the package, open the yogurt, drop in the bar crumbles. What you have created is a overly processed culinary masterpiece. On it's own, the breakfast bar is painfully sweet. Added to the yogurt, the less desirable bar tastes are rounded out by the sweet and slightly sour taste of the yogurt. The cinnamon and peach flavors meld well to form an almost cobblery taste. Perhaps what I like best, though, is the consistency. Chewy, bite size morsels floating in thick, peachy yogurt. 5-6pts

4. Yogurt + Blueberries

Like above, mix the blueberries in with the yogurt. I've found pretty much anything mixed with yogurt is great. Nuts, granola, fruit. Anyway, this breakfast tastes great, and you feel good about yourself. "Hey, my pansy arse is eating yogurt and fruit. I'm hella-healthy!" The only problem is, it doesn't fill you up quite like the other options. Plus, like #3, I have to wait until I arrive at work to eat this. 1-2pts

5. Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Bowl
D-lights Turkey Sausage Breakfast Bowl
Now, I've only had this once, and it was weeks ago. I fairly remember it tasting fantastic. Scrambled egg, sausage, cheese, what's not to like? It gets dinged points for not being portable. I'd like to try it again, though. Probably around 6pts.


Food Log:

Breakfast:
sausage, egg, and cheese croissant - 8

Lunch:
orange chicken Smart Ones - 8
cheezits - 4
Fiber One bar - 4

Snack:
Cliff Bar - 7

Dinner:
turkey, cheese sandwich - 11
vegetable soup - 2
cheesecake - 5

49/49

2 comments:

  1. Keep your chins up, dude. You'll make it. Maybe I'll throw the shirt in the wash tomorrow, just in case

    ReplyDelete
  2. Throw it in the dryer a few times while you're at it, hehehehe.

    ReplyDelete