Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snacks and Boredom

It's no coincidence that the diet (and life in general) becomes boring right about the time I hit a consistent string of weight losses. That's normally a sign that I'm doing something right. Which itself is a sign that I'll struggle to keep the weight off after I've reached my goal. Thankfully, I've found new and interesting snacks to make my boring afternoons a bit easier to handle. Pistachios, baby! While one of the healthier nuts, it's also probably the tastiest, in my opinion. Not to mention you burn a few calories while shedding the shells.

I skipped the gym again tonight due to a lingering back issue. It doesn't look like I'll get a workout in until this weekend. I plan to take a 20+ mile bike ride. Thanks for the various comments, friends. It's nice to get some encouragement regarding my mini-plateau. When I've lost 15 of my 30 pounds, we'll start to plan the victory party. Adam suggested smoking a whole pig. I'll be interested to hear other suggestions.

Food Log:

Breakfast:
turkey sausage, egg, and cheese muffin - 6

Lunch:
chicken enchilada - 7
baked Lays - 4
mint chocolate cookie crisp - 2

Snack:
pistachios - 5

Dinner:
chix burger - 8
mac n cheese - 4
potatoes and green beans - 5
cupcake - 8
milk - 2

51/49

4 comments:

  1. For victory, two words: Bottoms Up! Maybe for lunch while the pig smokes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Steve and I are in charge of the victory party the next blog will be called 30 Pounds in 90 Minutes.

    Matt: you inspired me today - in the grocery store today I really wanted a donut but I thought of your struggle and refrained. Also would have been overkill on top of eggs, bacon, and a chocolate cheesecake muffin.

    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Matt, You are looking good! I like the downward path of progress on the graph. That really shows how you are moving in the right direction. All goals require sacrifice and some pain. I believe you will accomplish your objective. Hang in there! I hope to ride bike with you Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matt: for extra fun, extra calorie burn, and extra ridiculousness with pistachios: eat them individually with chopsticks!

    ReplyDelete