Thursday, February 24, 2011

Onward!

So, on the advice of a friend, I radically altered my diet to jump-start the weight loss process. Her advice was to eschew virtually all carbs and load up on water, protein, and sugar-less foods. Really eat up. That I did, and it was somewhat enjoyable. Thing was, I think she was hinting that I should ditch the Weight Watchers for a day or two, and not worry about the points; just focus on eating protein and dodging carbs. I altered this gameplan slightly to adhere to the chemistry of her plan, but still keep my points under 49. It actually worked out well, until I got home. More about that in a bit.

Drank a couple gallons of water today, and I'm not done. Ate four hardboiled eggs, and we know the effect that can have on my cholesterol. Suffice it to say this is a temporary diet. I actually felt sufficiently full throughout the day, but sustained a headache on my commute home and felt generally irritable. Sounds about right when you detox off refined sugars. Continued with my protein-rich, carb-starved diet for dinner, but sadly, I think I sabotaged the entire chemistry experiment by hitting the whiskey bottle pretty hard. Decent amount of sugar in those spirits. We'll find out tomorrow. I'll stick with this detox for as long as our pantry, fridge, and freezer can support it. Hopefully this metabolic shock is just what I need.

Food Log:

Breakfast:
2 hardboiled eggs - 4
3 turkey sausage links - 3

Lunch:
monstrous chef salad w/ grilled chicken and 2 hardboiled eggs - 10

Snack:
pistachios - 10

Dinner:
6oz pork chop - 8
caesar salad - 2

Spirits:
Our very own Sperryville-distilled Wasmund's Single Malt - 12

49/49

3 comments:

  1. I think scotch is pretty much 100% carb(sugar)-free. Calorific, for sure, but all in the form of alcohol. It's science. Sorry for my lack of comments, Adam puts me to shame commenting while sick, I was just laying on the couch watching hours of Deadwood on end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whiskey is metabolized like sugar, but based on experimental results, seems like it didn't hurt you that much. :) Maybe you should do that every night!
    Also, I think it makes a lot of sense to do the metabolism kick start every now and then but within the context of WW and points. You actually get to eat so much more volume when you are eating real food instead of processed stuff. It's just that processed stuff is so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr. Mom's advice again; stick with real foods like Sarah mentioned. Lent is around the corner, give up alcohol and you will be back on your trajectory in no time. FYI: Sundays are free!

    ReplyDelete