Thursday, February 17, 2011

Halfway Home

Day 45. Let's take a moment to reflect on the past month and a half. It's really been action packed, with two birthdays and a romantic holiday. Couple that with two injuries that kept me out of the gym and off the bike, and I feel pretty good about the fact that I'm only 1.4lbs off the mark. What I consider the primary challenge at this point is fighting the boredom of healthy eating. Putting a time limit on the loss really forces me to minimize cheating. If this was a classic "life change" thing, a pizza here and a Five Guys burger there wouldn't really matter. Eventually I'd reach my goal.

 I'd say I'm well past the point of obsessing over how little I'm eating. In fact, it seems more than adequate. It's just boring. Healthy is just boring. Look, salad on my diet is truly like eating rabbit food. A salad in other circumstances can be a delicious meal. Walnuts, feta, dehydrated cranberries, a rich balsamic emulsion, hell, tortilla strips, meat, croutons. That's mostly healthy eating. It just won't lose you 1/3 pound a day.

Cheers to me! I'm back in the gym, baby. I wrung out that elliptical for 30 minutes and dusted off the guns with a bicep and triceps workout. My back is still in shambles, but if it hasn't healed by now, perhaps a workout is the proper medicine. One more gym trip this week, and that UVa gear will have just been a bad dream. Looking forward to my hike Saturday.

Food Log:

Breakfast-
South Beach bar - 4

Lunch-
6" turkey, cheese flatbread (Subway) - 11
Crackerful - 4
Fiber One bar - 4

Snack-
Cliff bar - 7

Dinner-
2c vegetable soup - 2
turkey and cheese sandwich - 11
van Winkle 12yr bourbon - 6

49/49

1 comment:

  1. looking good man. if you want to lose 6-8 lbs fast come over to my house we got fluuuuuuuuuu

    ReplyDelete