Saturday, January 15, 2011

We've Reached the Grind

It hit me today that I'd better be prepared for a long, tough journey. Gaining those two pounds a couple days ago has left me searching for traction, and today's events didn't help. I spent the morning and afternoon moving my wife's grandfather in with his daughter. It included all of your normal moving activities: incessant lifting, maneuvering, planning, walking, screw-drivering, etc. No one enjoys these activities, but at least at the end of the day, you can enjoy free pizza, or some other fattening comfort food (5 Guys double burger with a side of fried mac n cheese, chased w/ a piece of cheesecake? oh lawd!). But no. I was left w/ my crappy Chik Fil A grilled chicken sandwich with a side salad. First of all, I will pay anyone $10, nay $100!, who can provide me a delicious fast-food, grilled chicken sandwich. Secondly, I was forced to consume this boring food while staring at others devouring their fried chicken sandwiches and waffle fries. The smell of a Chik Fil A fried chicken breast is unique, overpowering, and wonderful. It's like the smell of pure MSG; my nose experiencing umami for the first time. This was a tough day. Pile on with the fact that my back in destroyed, and we've got a pretty decent pity party going on here.

All of this strife will disappear with another run of 3-4 days of consistent weight loss. I pray it's possible.

Food Log:

Breakfast:
1.5c Cinnamon Burst Cheerios w/ 1c skim milk - 7pts

Snack:
banana - free

Lunch:
Chik Fil A grilled chicken sandwich on wheat - 6pts
side salad w/ fat free dressing and croutons - 3pts

Snack:
apple - free
trail mix - 10pts

Dinner:
chicken marsala - 8pts
brown rice - 4pts
sweet potato - 5pts
2 glasses white wine - 8pts

51/49

Workout:
all day moving; ought to be worth something

No comments:

Post a Comment