Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Perhaps Self-flagellation?

Well, I'm down 2.4 pounds after a single day of diet and exercise. These first few days tend to produce large droppages, and you won't hear me complaining. While initially it's quite motivational, it tends to hurt later in the week when the measuring stick has been forged, but the weight plateaus.

As far as last night goes, after pumping iron for about 50 minutes, I eagerly awaited my bowl game. That stinker of a football game was only made tolerable by the presence of my father, wife, and trusty neighbor, who just happened to whip up the best damn pot of healthy gumbo I've ever had. Two servings with two cups of rice, and I only used 28 of my 34ish remaining weight watchers points. I must add, that while a couple ice cold, alcoholic libations would have made the game-stress more tolerable, it sure was nice not to be tempted to hurl food or empty beer bottles at the tv in a fit of rage. No calorie-guilt, either.

Moving on...

Thanks for the all the comments. It feels funny to pompously trumpet my own boring news to a group of people and ask that they humor me. But I must say, the comments have made it fun and do indeed motivate. Let me address a couple:

-Allison: you are my inspiration. Please keep the pom poms going.

-Adam: new clothes will not motivate. Considering I updated my wardrobe just prior to my month-long binge, I'm  motivated to fit into my old-new clothes. Speaking of the whole pig: you know me well.

-Stacey: while your fanaticism intimidates me, you clearly know your stuff. Please call every evening at 6:30 to shout me through my workouts.

Todays rundown:

Breakfast:
1 cup yogurt: 1 WW point
1 pack almonds: 3 WW points

Lunch:
1 microwave lunch: 6 WW points
1 fiber one bar: 4 WW points

Dinner:
sweet potato: 5 WW points
salad: 2 WW points
chicken + pasta: 13 WW points

Total: 34/49 points (this system can't be right; I'm stuffed)

Notes: pretty light-headed this afternoon/evening. Didn't feel like eating my grapefruit snack.

One last thing: I nearly forgot to put story to this entry's title. While frantically preparing my dinner, I attempted a maneuver I've pulled off countless times. Perhaps it was the low-blood-sugar-shakes, perhaps it was the food, or maybe it was the fact that my meat cleaver has a freshly ground edge. But this is the last time I lick sweet potato from the edge of a sharp blade. After waiting hours to eat, I was forced to lay on the couch while applying direct pressure to my lacerated tongue. That is one diet method I had never considered.

1 comment:

  1. The Bladelicker diet. Not seeing a spot on the NYT Nonfiction list for you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete