Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ground Hog Day

Seems like I eat the same breakfast, the same lunch, and the same snack every day. The food is not bad, per se, but it's gotten stale. Maybe it's more than just the food, but the routine. Breakfast at 8:30, lunch at 11:30, snack at 2:00, workout snack at 4:30 every day. Speaking of workouts, I bailed again today. If the routine and food is getting old after 17 days, what will day 50 feel like? I shudder to think.

Here are a couple bits of good news. Firstly, I dropped nearly pound at this mornings weigh-in, and I have reason to believe the weight loss with continue tomorrow. Reaching sub-220 will be a bit of a victory. Secondly, I found myself without appetite mid afternoon. I had to consciously decide to eat an apple at 2:00 and trail mix at 3:00. This is a good sign that my stomach is shrinking, and the current volume of food is sufficient.

I'm possibly experiencing something I remember from a low-carb diet from around 2005. After your body aligns with the diet and chemistry, you stop lusting after certain foods. Now here's what's interesting. That in itself should be considered a victory. It'll be easy from here! However, it feels more depressing than anything. I used to derive such joy from food. The anticipation, the craving, and finally the hit! as you swallow your first bite. Sounds eerily like a drug addiction. But when these things cease to provide anticipation and joy, it's almost like a bit of yourself has been removed. Time to find that joy and anticipation elsewhere, I suppose.

Food Log:

Breakfast:
yogurt - 3pts
South Beach bar - 4pts

Lunch:
Trader Joe's chix burger on Sandwich Thin - 5pts
Baked Lays - 4pts
Fiber 1 bar - 4pts

Snack:
Honey Crisp apple (disappointing. where's my Pink Lady?)
trail mix - 10pts

Dinner:
chicken sausage sandwich - 6pts (oh my, this is a steal!)
french fries - 4pts
bourbon - 3pts
ipa beer - 5pts

48/49

1 comment:

  1. Is alcohol becoming a food group? If so,I'm in. We'll have you dancing everything off tonight to some good old fashioned 80's music Mr. Springsteen.

    ReplyDelete