Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Low Carb, On Hold, Get Ready for Take Two

We've scheduled an embedded Linux programming course for some of the engineers this week at my office. A nice perk is that they buy us lunch from this sub-par deli, Sam's. It's one of those places where the cheese steaks and gyros are good, but the turkey sandwich and salads are horrible. At least salads are an option. My plan for the day was to eat a chicken breast on the way to work (it's like eating a hotdog off one of those paper trays, only the tray is a plastic sandwich bag), order a grilled chicken salad with blue cheese dressing for work, throw in some mixed nut snacks, and eat more chicken for dinner.

We don't ask that much of our admin assistants. Make a few copies, proofread a proposal, transfer a call, maybe order an occasional lunch. How did she forget to order my salad? What? I can have the lunch YOU ordered? It's what? A sweaty roast beef panini literally dripping with grease and butter? Ah, how 'bout that! You ordered a side salad. Guess I don't much of a choice but eat that. Thanks.

So, change course. I friggin choked down a plain, cold chicken breast for breakfast just to adhere to a diet plan, all for naught. Harumph. The sandwich sucked.

So, tomorrow, I'll try this again. This time I have eggs for breakfast. At least the weight is starting to fall off. Still lost a week with the bacchanalia this weekend.

Food Log:

Breakfast:
chix breast - 6

Lunch:
roast beef panini - 20?
salad

Dinner:
chix burger - 8
chix thigh + leg - 5
sweet tater fries - 4
bourbon - 6

49/49

1 comment:

  1. Golden tee should count as a workout, shouldn't it?

    I was up a few pounds myself Sunday. Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete