Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Looking Like 30 in 120, Folks

It was a nice weekend away that blended occasional food splurges with exercise and sensible diet choices. It's pretty clear that I won't reach my goal after 90 days and that I'll have to shoot for 120. But I think that's okay, and quite frankly, it's probably healthier that way. To show that I can lose 30 over a longer period gives me hope that I may be able to keep it off. After four months, it'll feel more like a lifestyle change. This I hope.

So I ate chicken and waffles, fried calamari, and a skirt steak sandwich with fries. But I also ate salad for a couple meals. I enjoyed just two beers (and a bit more bourbon), but walked 6-7 miles around Atlanta.
There was a slight weight gain, but it wasn't egregious. That's how you do it, folks.

I have a somewhat lofty workout goal set for this week: 3 bike rides and two gym visits. That has me working out all but one day through Sunday. Today I cycled a wildly intense 20 miles with Pops. I reached that rare cycling zen state where you can't push too hard, the pain never comes. You may max out what the body can deliver, but it doesn't leave you wheezy, nauseous, or burning. I attribute this to the 50 miles I put in last week. The body is quickly tuning!

Food Log:

Breakfast:
turkey sausage, egg, and cheese muffin - 6

Lunch:
chix alfredo Lean Cuisine - 8
Cheezits - 2
Snack bar - 4

Snack:
Snack bar - 4
mixed nuts - 3
Cliff Bar - 7

Dinner:
2 chix sausages - 6
2 servings sweet tater fries - 8
chocolate pudding - 2

50/49

2 comments:

  1. I'm trying to enter gorilla juicehead mode this week myself. After a week of stairmastering I'm going to tune up the Trek and hit the road; I'll let you know when I'm up to the point where I'm willing to embarrass myself by riding with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So now it's really like 15 lbs in about 40 days, is that about right? Just in time for bikini season!

    ReplyDelete