Monday, March 7, 2011

Time to Sharpen Up and Get Ready for a Bit of the Old Ultra-Violence...err...Weight Loss

Friends, the days keep ticking by, and I fall further and further behind. We've proven that a tweak in chemistry can make up for an indulgent weekend, but it seems that every weekend ends up that way. Take this coming weekend, for instance. Kristy and I are heading to Atlanta, and there are a number of eateries on our list to hit up. It's darn near impossible to adhere to a diet when traveling.

I figure it's time to ratchet things up a bit. I've gotten comfortable with the food I'm eating, not to mention the quantities. The new plan is to hit my body with a low-carb diet throughout the week, starting tomorrow. It'll throw me off my game, probably make me crabby, and surely mess with my system. But I guess that's the point.

I hit the gym today, and again, it was filled with kids under the age of 18. Couldn't use the elliptical, so I went straight to the stretching and core workout...followed that up with a back, chest, and shoulders workout. No cardio, but I think I got my fill this past weekend. Hopefully in a couple days I can go for the full monty of biceps, triceps, *and* cardio.

Time to boil the eggs, thaw the sausage, crack the nuts, chop the salad, trim the meat, lift the iron, and spin the elliptical. Is it possible for me to reach the 207s by Friday? Dare I make that goal? It's on, b*tches!

Food Log:

Breakfast:
sausage, egg, and cheese croissant - 8

Lunch:
spaghetti and meatballs Lean Cuisine - 7
Crackerful - 4
2x banana-chocolate chip bar - 8

Snack:
Cliff Bar - 7

Dinner:
chicken and ravioli - 11
salad - 3
parm - 1
banana-chocolate chip bar - 4

53/49

2 comments:

  1. Less than a month to go, time to push it! From your posts it seems like the gym is kind of a pain sometimes so I have a suggestion. You do pretty well taking on the diet challenges on a daily basis, for the last couple weeks do the same w/ cardio. Do you still have that bike trainer? Set her up with the silver stallion, grab a watch and do 8 sets of 20 seconds all-out followed by 10 seconds rest (that's 4 minutes), rest a couple minutes then repeat. That's a hella cardio workout and you're done in 10 minutes. How can you not have time for at least one round EVERY DAY?! It'll help w/ your longer rides as well. C'mon brother, you can make it to 197.

    ReplyDelete