Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Edo's Squid Halts My Grind`

This past week had me grinding it. Stringent dieting, hunger pangs, no alcohol, and it was working. The weight was starting to come off. I weighed within a pound of my 2011 low. Prior to these losses, I was precariously perched on the precipice of my will power. The plateau had lasted too long, the food tasted too good, I looked damn good at 212, why lose more? Grinding it out from this point is hard work, but I was doing it.

That brings me to tonight's dinner. Happy Bday, Mom. I was so ravenously hungry prior to dinner that I nearly snatched the menu out of my mother's hands as she spun her wheels trying to decide between the marinara and olive oil-pine nut pastas sides. Thankfully I made it to the bread and proceeded to go ballistic. Why do I even consider ordering the whole fish when there is duck breast on the menu? Dinner was excellent, but it has surely pushed me back a few paces.

Food Log:

yogurt - 2
South Beach bar - 4

Lunch:
orange chicken Smart Ones - 8
Crackerful - 4
Fiber One bar - 4

Dinner:
2 x Italian bread - ?
fried squid (naturally) - ?
brazed fennel - ?
med-rare duck breast - ?
white beans w/ pancetta - ?
fried polenta - ?
some cannoli - ?
alot of tiramisu - ?

oof/44

1 comment:

  1. You do look damn good at 212 and at 210.whatever you are at now. You can do it though! I have great amounts of faith in my favorite man!!

    ReplyDelete