Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I Feel Funny

Day 2 of low-carb dining has come and gone, and I must confess that it's got me feeling strange. In general, my hunger just feels different...almost numb. I also feel bloated. All that being said, it was a joy to eat half a chicken, a couple eggs, sausage links, and two steaks today. Seems like losing a couple years off the end of my life is a decent tradeoff.

One nice thing about simple portion control is, it's easy to back food for work. Everything is fair game. Low-carb, not so much. I left for work this morning with no ready to eat breakfast, and had no suitable food for lunch. My suite mates must have found it odd that I scrambled eggs in my coworker's office and carved a chicken in mine. I love that one can stop by virtually any local market and pick up a small rotisserie chicken.

Hit the gym today, and finally hit a home run with both 30 minutes on the elliptical and a juice-head inspired bicep and triceps workout. I finally felt motivated, full of energy, and excited about my next workout. 'Bout time I got over the hump.

Food Log:

Breakfast:
2 eggs - 4
3 turkey sausage links - 3

Lunch:
1/2 small rotisserie chix - 16

Snack:
1/5 servings pistachios - 8

Dinner:
salad - 3
12oz sirloin steak - 12

46/49

2 comments:

  1. Headed back in the right direction. Don't overfocus on the red line and lose sight of the fact that you have lost 15 pounds. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lo carb is definitely harder because it involves more food prep--no bars,crackers, pretzels, or handfuls of things. You can do sweet potatoes, brown rice, cous cous and other whole grains like that if you feel like it helps.

    ReplyDelete