Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Must Be a Fad...Damn you, Gyro....Double Damn You, Stuzzi

So it turns out everybody is hopping on the weight loss/fitness bandwagon. I spoke with my 90 year old grandmother today, and after I shared my weight loss endeavor, she shared her own story. Turns out she spends half an hour on a stairmaster at level 15. "Grams!", I exclaimed. "Please don't hurt yourself! That workout sounds crucial!". She allayed my fears and commented that it was merely a moderate workout that got her pulse into the 90s. She went on to say it was nothing like riding a bicycle into a 15mph wind for two hours. Still, I was impressed.

In related news, I think I just pissed off my one remaining reader.

Today was a horrific dieting day. In fact, there was no dieting at all. Work brought in lunch for a long meeting, and I ordered the gyro. That thing was colossal. Instead of pita, the meat and veggies were wrapped in a piece of naan the size of a large aerobie. Then for dinner, I met my lovely wife at Stuzzi. Stuzzi is the only pizzeria in Virginia that makes authentic Neapolitan pizza. Meat and cheese tray, focaccia, salad, and pizza down the tubes. There's no way I can calculate my points today. Thankfully I have a bike ride lined up with Pops for tomorrow. It ain't no stairmaster, but it will have to do.

Food Log:

Breakfast:
yogurt - 2
South Beach bar - 4

Lunch:
gyro - ?
Lays chips - ?

Dinner:
meat n cheese - ?
focaccia - ?
salad - ?
pizza - ?

owie/44

2 comments:

  1. after eating a mountain of hot dogs and tater tots for dinner (and a Sun Dog beer that was a bit disappointing and seemed to give me a headache - not recommended) I tipped the scales at 208.4 this morning.

    Was dreading reading this blog as I thought it might be possible you weigh less than me today. Hard to tell by the graph but I'm definitely worried. Time for me to step it up.

    ReplyDelete